joyeux anniversaire à moi!

9.12.13

Never in a quadrazillion years would I have thought that I would have my 16th birthday in Paris.  And honestly, I never would have picked it, sounds crazy right?  Well, in my 16 years of life I have learned that life is pretty crazy.  Especially when you place it in God's hands. 

Anyway, Mom and I went into town for the day and ended up at Galleries Lafeyette, where everything is so expensive you instantly want to say "I didn't touch it!" if someone even looks at you.  It was crazy to see shops like Louis Vuitton, Dior, Chanel and Coach.  Now I am the kind of girl that normally shops at the Target clearance rack, so I didn't know what a lot of the stores were so it was also a great learning opportunity! 

Given that a man's scarf-thingy was 120 euros (see pic), I didn't buy anything.  We did enjoy looking though and found an H & M nearby, which is a lot more my speed!













After stumbling upon a marching band in front of the opera and taking some pics of the Christmas window displays we headed home for Turkish food at a nearby restaurant.  The food was amazing as always!!  So if you ever happen to be in Massy, France stop by the turkish place in Plaze de France. 




Instead of cake we got some goodies at our boulangerie (bakery).  The thing with the raspberry on top was dark chocolate with a raspberry mousse, enough said.
Finish the evening off with Despicable Me 2 and a movie with mom & dad; a pretty good 16th b-day I would say.

You Might Also Like

4 notes

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A birthday balloon for you! :~) O~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND!!!! I meant to email you on your birthday, but the wifi in our hotel was pretty much nonexistent so nope. But anyway, looks like you had a great day and I'm so glad you were born, that we are friends and that we have birthdays so close!
    LOVE YOU, and isn't 16 great?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet 16...thanks for sharing with us. Love the picture of you and your mom.....you both looks great and happy :) I wish we were with you...and I'm not just saying that so you'd have to share your dessert. Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

i love nothing more than comments, coffee and chocolate. so be a dear and leave a note…