liebster award

28.4.14


well, kate from dream sailor was sweet enough to tag me with the lobster award!  when i first started this blog i thought it would only be for family and a couple of family friends, i never imagined that i would find a whole community of awesome folks through the blog.  but anywho, kate has a super awesome blog that i really love,  her pictures are amazing!  so thanks for tagging me kate!  and the rest of y'all go check her out!


here's how this award works:
+ thank the amazing blogger that nominated you
+ answer the 11 questions the nominator provided
+ nominate a few other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
+ post 11 different questions for your nominees to answer
+ contact your nominees to let them know that you've nominated them

so here are my answers to her questions:
1. Favorite outdoor location?
well, here's where my nomadic-like life makes it difficult  
-in mt (home), my favorite place would have to be lake como, a small, crystal blue lake nestled in a valley surrounded by gorgeous mountains, and it's only 15 minutes from where we're always lived.  
-in ca, it'd the beach, the ocean is absolutely marvelous!  as much as i love the mountains, the beach has always been one of my favorite things.
-in ga, probably stone mountain
-in france, there's a small village called Arcy-sur-cure, in the middle of absolutely no where that is absolutely amazing, and there is also a little island off the coast of france thats only inhabitants are seagulls and about 50 people working in restaurants. so if i go missing, look for me there... 
-here, the rocks are pretty amazing, if it weren't for the insane amount of bugs and critters i would love to spend the night out there sometime...

2. Best poem ever?
you know, i don't really know  i don't really read poetry, it's probably something i should check though, i now have another thing to add to my mile long "to read" list :) 


3. Last song you listened to
beating heart by ellie goulding

4. One of the most inspiring blogs you've ever read
a holy experience, it's like a breathe of cool winter air

5. Favorite ocean animal?
i think it'd have to be a dolphin, they're pretty awesome.

6. Fictional crush?
hmm caspian from narnia (as kate said) and probably laurie from little women.  as i often say, "laurie ruined my expectation for neighbor boys" :)

7. Something you want to change about the world
the amount of hunger and loss that i see everyday which is heartbreaking.  little ones running around in rags, jagged scars on their legs and such skinny little arms.  i know that the only One who can change any of this is Christ, but if it was in my power, this would be my something to change about the world.

8. Somewhere you would like to go on vacation to
i would love to go back to england and do a big ireland/scotland/england trip, i love london and i'm pretty sure i'd love the other also.  preferably i could wander around for a month or so...

9. What is your dream for your blog/writing?
my goal for writing and blogging is to glorify God,  encourage others toward Him and take others along with me on this amazing journey that is life.

10. Favorite character from the Princess Bride?
well, i knew i would like you kate, but you have officially sealed the deal now.  whenever i hear anyone make a reference  to or talk about the princess bride, i know i've found a true friend.  my favorite character, hmmm.  so many good options, but i think it would have to be either indigo montoya, miracle max or wesley...

11. Best bit of advice you've ever received? 
life's short, so eat dessert first…  
but seriously: write a blank check of your life to God and watch the amazing things that he does with you

i nominate:

rose from truly. madly. deeply.
s. from a free mind
mackenzie from think. eat. write. read.
kalin from modesty is my policy
kryn from garden of happiness
moriah from home on the erie canal
samantha s. from le chaim (on the right)


and my questions for y'all are:
1. perfect day?
2. favorite drink? 
3. best song?
4. favorite blog(s)?
5. favoritest superhero & why?
6. earliest memory?
7. weirdest thing you've ever done?
8. biggest fear?
9. signature lotion/scent?
10. best DQ blizzard?
11. best band in the world?

okeedoke have fun ladies!
in christ,
jana

btw, i got a super cool new design from rose, which means that i now have a button for y'all!  so if you want to swap buttons or something like that, just let me know!!
xoxo

You Might Also Like

6 notes

  1. "the amount of hunger and loss that i see everyday which is heartbreaking. little ones running around in rags, jagged scars on their legs and such skinny little arms. i know that the only One who can change any of this is Christ, but if it was in my power, this would be my something to change about the world." Have you read Kisses from Katie? Really good memoir about a twenty-something year old who leaves her (wealthy) life in Tennessee and moves to Uganda and adopts 14 girls there, along with caring for hundreds of people :) She kind of talks about what you said.

    and thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love the new look! :~D I am just about to post my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I love your answers to all these, girl! High fives for the Princess Bride! Woot! ^_^ It really is the best. I love it. Westley is my favorite. He would probably be another of my fiction crushes. Haha!
    And I loved hearing about what you would like to change in the world. I couldn't agree with you more. The world needs to know how much their Father loves them.
    & Thanks so much for the super kind words up top! :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me! Just did my post this morning, I love these! :)

    Also, LOVE the new look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me Jana! These'll be fun to answer. :) I love your new design!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

i love nothing more than comments, coffee and chocolate. so be a dear and leave a note…