Château d'If

12.11.13


So for anyone who knows The Count of Monte Cristo voila, Château d'If.

Château d'If is off the coast of Marseille on a small island, so we took a ferry over and checked it out.  It was super cool to see, the castle was amazing.  I can't imagine what it must have been to live in building of these proportions.








After we saw the Château we went to a little island that was nearby.  It was absolutely magnificent.











Being able to be on a little island in the middle of the ocean, practically alone was amazing.  This was the first time since we have been in France that we have been sorta alone.  It was such a blessing to just walk around this little island, it was so peaceful.  If I disappear anytime soon you may just find me living on a rocky, Mediterranean island. 




(This is the train station.  I had no idea what it would look like, so if you were curious...)

remember to ask any questions if you have them here!

You Might Also Like

4 notes

  1. oh my gosh!! I LOVE The Count of Monte Cristo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost everyone I know says that, I'll have to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was super cool, the boys would have loved it!!

      Delete

i love nothing more than comments, coffee and chocolate. so be a dear and leave a note…