My New Normal

25.11.13

my new normal......


...is having a wire clothes rack instead of a dryer

...is going to the grocery store every 2 days on foot
(come rain, come sleet, come snow, or something like that)

...is having church in a different language
(getting used to this one)

...is having your neighbor above you wear high heels, 24/7
(Everyone knows how much I love heels, just not clicking above me)

...is the ads on YouTube being in French

...is really thinking if a question is really worth asking, and then trying to figure out how to ask it.

...is drinking your tea really quickly because you don't have a microwave
(and burning your tongue, a lot)  

...is scrambling for a converter to plug-in the dying computer
(it gets ugly sometimes)

...is looking through 3 whole aisles of yogurt
(I didn't know you could have that much of a variety.  I mean come on, it's yogurt)

...is trying to avoid the tidal wave caused by a bus going through a puddle at full speed
(It's just like in the movies, you are walking along and then you get hit by a tidal wave, it's quite pleasant.... )

is being able to express myself in two languages
(What?)

 ...is starting to talk and realize that you are speaking French
(I surprise myself sometimes)

...is realizing that my new normals in Burkina will stretch me and make me lean on God more than I can imagine

...is learning that my new normal isn't bad, it's just new

You Might Also Like

5 notes

  1. Interesting post :P Your new normal actually sounds quite exciting! In the 1940s, some people had wire drying racks above their kitchen sinks :) Sounds like your French is going awesome..good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I might just think about it like living in the 40's... :) It makes it a little more romantic!

      Delete
  2. You make me smile, honey! So good to "visit" with you all and see your beautiful faces. Love your thoughts and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to hear your thoughts. Happy Birthday week!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

i love nothing more than comments, coffee and chocolate. so be a dear and leave a note…