Typical Day in My Life - France

19.9.13

because I wanted a pretty picture!
Well, we all know that you rarely have normal days.  Especially when you live in another country.  But here is what my day looks like most of the time!

7:45- Wake up and smell the coffee. Well, my mom's coffee...  Get dressed, have quiet time and make sure I have everything for school packed. 

8:10- Out the door (hopefully).  We have a 1/2 mile walk to school, which is normally uneventful.  Except in the case of rain and wind, then there may be some funny/maddening moments.


8:25- At school, descend into the dungeon (aka the room we use to do school in the basement).  Commence to do school for a while and if the internet is up check e-mails and the blog.

10:25- Coffee break for everyone.  We ascend from the dungeon and partake in coffee/tea/hot cocoa and chat a little.

10:35- Back to class for everyone, down to the dungeon.

11:40- Break for lunch.  Pack up a little and walk 1/2 mile back to the apartment.  We normally have enough time to eat lunch, catch up and little and tidy the house. 

1:00- Walk back to school for the afternoon session

1:20- Chapel, in french.  I actually have really been enjoying this, and I am gaining confidence in singing in French.

1:35- Back to the dungeon for the afternoon sessions

4:25- Schools out!  Pack up school and head upstairs to round everyone up.  Walk back to the house and pick up any bread we need.

The rest of the evening kinda depends on the day.  Mom and Dad always have at least an hour of homework so depending on the sometimes we watch a movie, play a game, do nothing or have someone over. 

So there it is, a little peep into my everyday routine....  And I hope that you realize I refer to the room as "the dungeon" lovingly, not resentfully!!!  It's kinda a joke at school that we are banished to the dungeon! 

How are you guys doing?  I would love to hear from you!

Love in Christ,
Jana 

You Might Also Like

5 notes

  1. I loved this! Good to "see" your day. Mine:
    7am-Dentist for everyone
    9:30-Home Depot returns
    9:50-Aldi
    11:00-Lunch at home
    12:30-ARRRGH! Claim pirate booty (donuts)
    1:00-finish packing for camping
    and so on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish I could have claimed some booty with you!! We were just talking about missing american food the other day!! Love you guys tons! Oh and there is a store here that is run by the same company as Aldi, so it looks really similar! Have fun camping!

      Delete
  2. I loved hearing about your day! :) It sounds really interesting! :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Is life in France as dreamy as it sounds?

    ReplyDelete

i love nothing more than comments, coffee and chocolate. so be a dear and leave a note…