Week #3!

17.9.13

 
 Here we are, 3 weeks in France!  This last week was the hardest for be yet, which makes sense.  The "honeymoon" phase has worn off and now we are just settling into life.  I have been able to get a lot of school done and we are slowly getting more and more comfortable with French.  

Good news!  The church that we are going to has a group de jeune (youth group) that meets on Saturdays, so I'm gonna try it out this week. We'll see how that goes!  I'm praying that I will be able to meet some other kids and work on my French at the same time.  

Fall has definitely arrived.  It has been consistently rainy and chilly.  Fall/winter here is a lot like Seattle, cold and wet.  I have been loving my sweaters, scarves and boots!  I was talking to my Dad earlier about how it's weird that we're so cold. But, as we were in GA for the last couple years I think our blood really thinned out!!  It'll be fun to see how our bodies react when we get to Burkina!!  

And if anyone is thinking about coming to France, I am totally for it!  I will even be your personal tour guide.  Just throwing that out there....

♥Prayer Requests♥
  • Language learning
  • That group de jeune will go well
  • Peace
  • Nice Weather 
  • Comfort about missing friends and family  
Love you guys,
Jana

You Might Also Like

5 notes

  1. Love you too! I'll be praying for the youth group. Fall weather is starting here too...Yeah!! Buzz Lightyear phone is talking very loudly next to me, wow! Miss you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that group de jeune goes well! I'll be praying for you and your family!

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you for the Elegant Blogger Award! http://thewritingsofhannah.blogspot.com/2013/09/awards.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jana, I love your Blog. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I do not know if you remember me, but I am Thomas's Momma Joni. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It was such a blessing to get your comment and see who it was from!! Thank you so much, prayer is always needed!! I definitely remember you and have fun memories from however long ago it was when I saw you last!!
      Love,
      Jana

      Delete

i love nothing more than comments, coffee and chocolate. so be a dear and leave a note…